Thursday 31 May 2012

Thursday 31st May 2012

Today i have decided to do my blog a little different.

Today's Menu.

Cucumber & Tomato Salad with optional Dressing
Chicken Strips with Tomatoes & Basil In a Pesto Sauce
Fusilli Pasta
Green Beans & Sweetcorn
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Topping

Veggie Option
Baked Flat Mushroom with Tomatoes & Pesto Sauce

Fresh Fruit & Yoghurt also available.

So that the Menu for today but i thought i would take some pics of some of the food being prepared.

Below is a picture of the Chicken in trays. Here i have added fresh Tomato wedges, sliced Onion, Fresh Basil, Garlic Puree, Olive Oil & seasoning.


This is the Chicken all mixed up. After this i baked it in the oven at about 180 degrees for about 20 Mins 


I made the Pesto sauce separate and when the chicken was cooked i poured it over and mixed it in a Bit
I served this with Fusilli Pasta, I added Beetroot powder to the water which gave it a bit of a pink look. It is not a dye. its is made from fresh Beetroot which has been dried and Ground into a powder. 


Below is a picture of the Flat Mushrooms for the Vegetarians, I have poured Chopped Tomatoes over with Some Dried Basil & Drizzled some Olive oil as well. I then Baked them in the Oven.
I then Poured The pesto sauce over them once they where cooked.
 

And so Finally we have pictures of what the two dished looked like once served to the Children. 
These Portions Sizes are for 8 to 10 Yr Olds. 



Hope this is of interest to people out there .........




10 comments:

  1. Not for the first time, I am wishing I was lunching with you today. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur food makes me hungry . Doesn't help that I'm reading ur blog at night before bedtime . Hard to resist supper sometimes .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this format!! Wish I was back in school just to eat the food you create - it looks wonderful!! I love the descriptions of how it's made, gives me ideas for a new way to try chicken and noodles. Thanks for taking the time to share each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, run a kitchen at a private school the US. My guys are older, but I love seeing what you feed them everyday! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new format!! It's a great idea! Thanks for continuing to share your meals and prove to everyone that eating healthy is attainable at home, school and work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened to the fish on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Sorry no fish last week as the school was closed Friday, Monday & Yesterday (Tuesday).
      Normal service today.

      Delete
  8. Hi, I came across your page via NeverSeconds and I've really enjoyed reading it - the food always looks so good and it's great to see that you provide the kids at your school with a varied and healthy menu. I think your blog serves as a fantastic example to other schools, and proof that filling and balanced meals can be achieved on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "On a budget" - it's a fee-paying private school..

      Delete